The Raiders officially ended the Antonio Brown saga today, releasing the star wide receiver, who can now sign with another team. Following a public spat with front office and ownership, the Raiders have had enough of AB. Now It’s time to focus on possible destinations for the star wideout.
Adam Schefter reported that Brown is now unrestricted free agent.
Speculation has already begun as to where Antonio Brown will play next. Here are the top 5 contenders to land the outspoken wideout.
1. The New England Patriots: The Patriots have a history of taking a risk on a troubled wide receiver. Pairing Brown with Julian Edelman and Josh Gordon, could spell disaster for the rest of the AFC. If anyone can get the best out of AB, it’s coach Belichick and Tom Brady. Also, you have to think that Brown will shape up given the chance to win a title with the champs.
2. The Bengals: With AJ Green suffering from an injury, it makes sense that the Bengals could be in the market for a star WR if they feel it could make them a contender in the NFC North. And what would get under the skin of the rival Pittsburgh Steelers, more than facing their old buddy Antonio Brown twice a year? Brown too would likely relish the opportunity to face his former team on the regular.
3. The Eagles: GM Howie Roseman always seems ready for a big ticket free agent signing. Rumors are circulating today that he’s been busy trying to make a deal for hold out Chargers RB, Melvin Gordon. Could the Eagles also be in the mix on Antonio Brown? A receiver committee featuring Brown, Alsean Jeffery and Desean Jackson would solidify the Eagles as the team to beat in the NFC.
4. The Cowboys: Two words… Jerry Jones! Can’t you just picture these two peas in the same pod? Antonio Brown fits the mold of a Cowboys receiver alright, but is there enough room for egos on the bus with Zeke and Amari Cooper along for the ride?
5. The XFL: Vince McMahon’s football league will make a triumphant return to stadiums around the country after this NFL season comes to a close. The XFL would skyrocket in ratings with Antonio Brown as the top heel. Stealing Brown from the NFL would be a stone cold stunner for the entire world of football.