The blockbuster baseball trade has already shifted the MLB Futures Odds. Why it might be go time on your Dodgers bets.
Mookie Betts and David Price have been traded to the LA Dodgers. In return, the Red Sox will get a package including outfielder Alex Vurdugo. ESPN has reported that the deal is being finalized. The Minnesota Twins are also in the mix on this huge trade. The Twins will get starting pitcher Kenta Maeda from LA, and then send a young pitcher by the name of Brusdar Graterol to Boston.
MLB Futures initial line movement after the Mookie Betts and David Price trade.
MLB futures odds are sure to be on the move after this mega blockbuster trade. Let’s assume that the Dodgers will leap frog the NY Yankees as the favorite to win the 2020 World Series while the public invests more in the Dodgers this off season. Yes, the Yankees now have Gerrit Cole and are the clear cut favorite to win the American League. I just think the Dodgers will move slightly ahead in terms of a Championship. In fact, the Yankees now have what looks like an easier path to the Division, ALCS and the World Series. The Red Sox have depleted themselves by moving Price and Betts, and that makes life better for the Yankees. At least for now.
- Before the Betts/Price trade the Yankees were -286 to win the AL East and Boston was +525 behind Tampa at +450. Now, Bombers are -360 to win the AL East while the payout on the Sox has inflated from +525 to +800. Could the Red Sox be primed for the famous Bill Simmons’ Ewing Theory this year? That’s the ‘nobody believes in us’ mentality that leads to wins after a star exits the franchise. Or, in this case two stars.
- Before the Betts/Price trade NYY was +165 to win the AL. That line has yet to move and is a good value until it drops. If you look at the landscape of the rest of the American League now, it is the Yankee’s to lose. Just make sure to bet on it at Pointsbet if you are a NJ Online Sportsbook or Iowa Online Sportsbook customer. That way the Karma Kommittee might save you if the Yanks are victims of a sign stealing scandal in the MLB playoffs again.
The Dodgers could also move even further ahead of the Braves and Nationals to win the National League title.
Currently, LA is +190 with ATL at +500, WAS at +700 and the Phillies at +900 to win the NLCS. The Dodgers sat at +220 to win the National League Pennant only one day ago.
One day ago the Dodgers were also +500 to win the World Series at Draftkings. This number has already fallen to +400 less than 24 hours later. So, if you like the Dodgers this year then now might be the time to invest in all LA Dodgers futures. Unless the Yankees or another team makes a bigger deal this off-season, the Betts and Price trade will only push these Dodgers futures payouts lower.
All of these lines are from Unibet PA Online Sportsbook (also in New Jersey). Draftkings and other US Online Sportsbooks have the same or similar odds to win it all in 2020.
MLB Futures bets to wait on while the Dodgers move up as a public favorite.
If you don’t think that getting Mookie Betts and David Price makes the Dodgers the clear winner in baseball, then here are some bets that you might be able to get better payouts from if you wait for more of the off-season to play out.
- NYY to win the World Series should move up from +350 closer to +500.
- The Nationals to win the title at +1600 could go up closer to +2000. The same goes for their NLCS price at +700
- The Atlanta Braves will likely move up higher from +1200 to win in October. ATL will also likely become a longer shot than +500 to win the National League.
- Wait on all Diamondbacks and Rockies futures including win totals and division odds. They might go up in value as a direct result of the Dodgers improvements.
Dodgers bets to make right now.
- LA Dodgers +400 to win might go down to +350 or lower soon. It has already fallen from +500 in less than 24 hours.
- Dodgers division winner is a prohibitive favorite already at -1000, but this payout could shrink even more.
- The Dodgers are not a great value now at +190 to win the ALCS. So get it before it’s +150. The line was +220 one day ago.
- The win total over/under for the Dodger is currently 100.5 for -110. That’s $100 to win $90 if they win 101 or more games. With the Yankees at over/under 101.5 for -124 right now, we can expect the Dodgers to fall to a similar win total value soon if the public begins to invest in LA now.
Follow The Props Network for more MLB futures coverage, sports betting news and bonuses.
Must be 21+ to bet. Gambling Problem? Call 1.800.GAMBLER now.