XFL action is back. All you need to know about the rule changes and how betting will be different in this new (old) football league.
What is different from the NFL in the XFL? And with all the new rules, how do you bet on it?! Steve Clark tells you what you need to know about the new rules and how they might change your betting strategy.
The games will begin this week with all eight teams in action on Saturday and Sunday. Here are the week 1 XFL Matchups and betting lines. All spreads are from Draftkings Sportsbook. Signup for Draftkings today and get the welcome package valued at up to $1000.
Week 1 Matchups
- Seattle Dragons +6.5 at DC Defenders – Saturday at 2PM on ABC.
- Los Angeles Wildcats +4 at Houston Roughnecks – Saturday at 5PM on FOX.
- Tampa Bay Vipers -2.5 at New York Guardians – Sunday at 2PM on FOX.
- St Louis BattleHawks +6.5 at Dallas Renegades – Sunday at 5PM on ESPN.
Betting on the XFL – where you can do it?
Most of our favorite US Online Sportsbooks are offering betting lines on the XFL. Some have spreads and futures, and others only have futures. It will be interesting to see how the betting on this new football league evolves after week 1. Will the books get enough data to take action on totals or props in the XFL? However, this remains to be seen.
To bet on the XFL at a US Online Sportsbook, visit our Sports Betting and DFS comparison pages for each legal betting state.
US Online Sports betting sites offering XFL betting action
- Draftkings has spreads and futures for all legal states.
- Fanduel currently has futures for IN, NJ, PA and WV.
- BetMGM has spreads and futures at its WV betting site and NJ betting site.
- Pointsbet has spreads and futures for NJ and IA online sportsbook players.
- Unibet PA and Unibet NJ both have XFL spreads and futures.
- Bet Rivers Indiana online sportsbook has both spreads and futures for XFL.
- Caesars NJ online sportsbook also has both spreads and futures for betting on the new football league.
What NFL and College Football players are in the XFL this year?
Several former NFL players and well known college football players are now in the XFL. This includes Cardale Jones the former Ohio State QB. Also, Landry Jones the former Steelers backup QB will play for the Dallas Renegages. Former South Florida QB Quinton Flowers is expected to be a star as well as former Steelers receiver Sammie Coates. Here are some more familiar names playing in the new football league.
- Cameron Artis-Payne
- Christine Michael
- Matt Jones
- Antonio Callaway
- Eli Rogers
- Will Hill
- Kenneth Farrow
- Marquette King
- Nick Novak
- Will Sutton
- Rahim Moore
- Kony Ealy
- Andre Williams
XFL FAQ – what you need to know about the new football league.
There are 8 teams playing in the XFL this season.
The Dallas Renegades are tied as betting favorites with the New York Guardians at +400. That’s $100 wagered to win $400 if the team you pick wins the XFL title.
The Seattle Dragons at +1200 are the long shot to win it all in the XFL this year. That’s a $100 bet to win $1200 if Seattle becomes the champion. This line is from Fanduel US online sportsbook.
There are 10 weeks in the XFL regular season.
Four teams make the XFL Playoffs in the first season. Two teams from the East and the top two teams form the West. Then, the East and West playoff winners face off in the Championship game.
The XFL Begins its regular season on Saturday, February 8th.
The XFL Championship game will be held on Sunday, April 26th at 3PM ET. It will be televised on ESPN.
Johnny Manziel has not yet signed with an XFL team. However, he did previously express interest in playing in the XFL for Houston according to Bleacher Report.
For a full breakdown of all the XFL rule changes, just watch the educational video at the top of this page.
Must be 21+ to bet. Gambling Problem? Call 1.800.Gambler today.